Re: [Exim] OS X php Issues

Autor: Dan Shoop
A: Rich Fortnum, Submit Exim Users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] OS X php Issues
At 1:03 PM -0400 5/28/04, Rich Fortnum wrote:
>--
>Hi there. I just installed EXIM on my server on Panther (OS X 10.3.4)
>and I'm having a couple of problems:
>
>1. Index.php comes up ok, however the Domains page comes up php code,
>and not anything useful. It's like PHP isn't installed, however I have
>phpmyadmin installed which works fine. I've tested for php and
>everything is fine. Should I change my httpd.conf file somehow?
>
>2. Clicking on Aliases, I get the following:
>
>Error #2002:Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
>'/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)
>
>Other links give me the same. Seems there's a config file somewhere
>that I should modify, but I am not sure where.

As pointed out none of this seems to relate to exim at all, so it
would be better handled on the PHP or Apache lists or perhaps more
specifically the OSX-Admin list at macosx-admin@??? or
OSX-Server-Admin list (if you're running OS X Server) at
macos-x-server@???

However realize that OS X Server doesn't use httpd.conf in the usual
way, that is it's just the defaults, not for any sites.

As for PHP, OS X's PHP ships with Register_Globals off as recommended
by the folks at PHP. Many scripts pre-2001 assume this is "on". This
is a security issue. Such scripts should be rewritten.

The MySQL error seems to indicate that MySQL isn't running. Have you
performed the post-install setup and made sure the "MYSQL=-YES-" line
is there? Do you see mysql running on your system (`ps -auxww`)?

I'd recommend, since this has nothing to do with Exim, that you not
followup to this message on the exim list.

--

-dhan

Dan Shoop                                              shoop@???
Consulting Internet Architect                              shoop@???
AIM: iWiring                                     http://www.iwiring.net/
                                                   http://www.ustsvs.com/

pgp key fingerprint: FAC0 9434 B5A5 24A8 D0AF 12B1 7840 3BE7 3736 DE0B

iWiring designs and supports Internet systems and networks based on
Mac OS X, unix, and Open Source application technologies and offers
24x7, guaranteed support to registered clients, at affordable rates.