[Exim] Date problem with Exim (FreeBSD Port) with Outlook Ex…

Author: Lanny Godsey
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Date problem with Exim (FreeBSD Port) with Outlook Express 5 (Windows, and Mac)
Just a FYI, it took us a while to track down a date problem.

Outlook Express 5 and Outlook 2000 follow RFC 822 and do not cope well
w/ the ; placed in the Received: line.

Example:
        by example.com with asmtp (Exim 4.34; FreeBSD)

Outlook seems to expect the FreeBSD bit to be a date. I've asked the
port maintainer to simply change the ; to :. It looks like the port
will not be changed since the (;) doesn't violate RFC 2822, and it was
sugested that I upgrade my client.

As I'm sure I'm not the only company w/ customers using Outlook 2000,
maybe this will save some time.

Lanny Jason Godsey