Re: [Exim] Rewrite a domain before ACLs are run?

Author: Bruce Richardson
To: Exim Users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Rewrite a domain before ACLs are run?
On Thu, May 27, 2004 at 06:19:25PM -0500, ISP List wrote:
> I need to do a simple domain rewrite, e.g.
>
> joe@??? -> joe@???
>
> ..via a MySQL lookup (the table contains a field called aliasof that I use
> to substitute in as the rewritten domain).
>
> I can do this via the "rewrite" area of the config just fine. The problem
> is, I need this done before any ACLs are run, so anything passed to the
> ACLs in the $domain variable will contain "domain2.com" per above.
>
> Any pointers?

An alternative: have one of your first acl rules place domain2.com into
one of the acl variables if $domain is domain1.com. Then have
subsequent acl rules check the acl variable as well, where relevant.

--
Bruce

Those who cast the votes decide nothing. Those who count the
votes decide everything. -- Joseph Stalin