Re: [Exim] Date problem with Exim (FreeBSD Port) with Outloo…

Author: Lanny Godsey
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Date problem with Exim (FreeBSD Port) with Outlook Express 5 (Windows, and Mac)
I think RFC 822 says that ; should be escaped.

atom        =  1*<any CHAR except specials, SPACE and CTLs>

; being a special

However my point was simply that it's an introduced ; that Exim doesn't
ship with and has caused my customers greif. Changing the ; to ,:/ or
making it look more like another comment in the line (Mailer=Exim
OS=FreeBSD).

Maybe breaking old versions of Outlook 2000 and Express 5 is enough
reason for some people to WANT ; in Received:. At my location we
simply change the ; to : in the Makefile to make everything works as
expected.