Re: [Exim] BACKUP smart host?

Autor: Dan Egli
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] BACKUP smart host?
Edgar Lovecraft wrote:

> How about domains = !+local

Defeats the purpose here.

> Even though, all your email should be sent this way.

I'm sorry, but BULL SHIT. There are so many things that I do on my mail
server that it would be like pulling teeth to even TRY and get my cable
provider to do! And Cable is the ONLY residential Highspeed option where
I live. The local phone Co (Qwest) is NORTIROIUS for placing
multiplexers and load coils on their lines, thus ensuring NO DSL
capability. I've called every three months for two years asking if I can
get DSL. The answer is ALWAYS "Sorry, but no". Any Estimates? No.

So, short of getting a leased line from some ISP backbone company (like
maybe McLoud USA or something) tell me what option I have? My cable
companie's Mail server is less than even "somewhat" reliable. It's down
all together more often than I care to think about. Not to mention the
trackability factor! If the mail goes from my system to it's destination
and is accepted I can say for absolute that it was delivered. If it goes
to my ISP's mail server, then who knows. This kind of trackability has
saved my ass at work more than once.
> The main disadvantage is that it is a lot of extra work, when you should
> just be sending all your emai lto the smarthost in this case.

Read the above!

--
-- Dan