Re: [Exim] maildir_use_size_file and zero quota (views sough…

Author: Yves Goergen
To: Philip Hazel
CC: Anand Buddhdev, Oliver Siegmar, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] maildir_use_size_file and zero quota (views sought)
On 10.05.2004 15:30 (+0200), Philip Hazel wrote:
> However, I am ever-helpful. :-) I did investigate how this could be
> done. In the 4.34 release of Exim (which I'll release very shortly,
> because of the buffer overflow bugfix) there are a few lines of
> commented-out code (in the transports/appendfile.c module) which ensure
> that no maildirsize file is created if the quota is zero. By hacking the
> code just a bit you can enable this functionality (unconditionally,
> there is no option).

I see appendfile.c... Does this module also handle maildir delivery
(file_transport = address_directory)? I guess so... but to be sure...

And - why in this world should someone only using Debian stone-old
stable packages use a brand new Exim code? I don't really understand
this. AFAIK Debian currently has some 3.x Exim built-in. So why is this
discussion relevant to you? If you (|anyone) can build a current Exim
from source, I'd expect them to build an equally current Courier-IMAP,
if there are problems with the old one. But hey, I don't want to
convince you of anything... (just thinking)

@Philip: A T-Shirt... good idea. I know some people I could give this as
a present or such... *g*

--
Yves Goergen <nospam.list@???>

BlackBoard Internet Newsboard System --> blackboard.unclassified.de
Free (GPL), easy to use and install, secure, innovative! (PHP+MySQL)