Re: [Exim] Secondary mail server

Author: Marc Perkel
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Secondary mail server
I understand your concerns. I have a second machine at home and I've
been setting up to do spam and virus filtering for other servers. The
home computer would have a duplicate of my spam and virus filtering and
if I take the main server down the backup server would still be able to
clean mail and forward it on to my customers who I do mail cleaning for.

Which brings me to my next issue. The backup server should accept email
- spam filter it - and then store it for the main server - for the
domains I host - and manually route to the target server for the domains
that I screen spam and viruses for.

So - it would seem to me that I need a router that looks at the list and
routes to DEFER or something like that until my main server comes up for
the domains I host on the main server.

Somehow - I hink - I need some router that says - "Send it to the lowest
MX and if you can't - hold on to it".