Re: [Exim] Secondary mail server

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Marc Perkel
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Secondary mail server
On Mon, 10 May 2004, Marc Perkel wrote:

> Somehow - I hink - I need some router that says - "Send it to the lowest
> MX and if you can't - hold on to it".

That is Exim what does by default[*]. You don't need any extra routers.
All you have to do is to adjust your ACL to accept the mail for relaying
in the first place. Exim knows how to use MX records.

[*] To be completely accurate, it sends it to any accessible host that
has an MX preference value less than any preference for the current
host. The hosts are tried in preference order (randomized for equal
preferences).