Re: [Exim] Calling for testers (v2)

Author: Stefan Kaltenbrunner
To: Nico Erfurth
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Calling for testers (v2)
Nico Erfurth wrote:

>> Hi list,
>>
>> I've done some work on exim and would be glad if some people could
>> test it.
>>
>> The patch is at http://perlgolf.de/exim-4.33-search_pool.patch
>

> There is now a new version which adds a bit better store usage in
> wildlsearches. Also the lookup interface was improved, so that the
> xxx_find functions can force a cache cleanup for their handle.
> Currently the mysql and pgsql lookups do that, when
> insert/update/replace queries are executed. I've tested the ldap-lookup
> now, and it seems to work fine and more effective, with the new cache.
> Still the code needs more testing, because I've no way to test
> pgsql/nis*/oracle/ibase.
>
> You can download the new patch here:
>
> http://perlgolf.de/exim-4.33-search_pool-r2.patch

ok - we just installed that on two of our relays, works very nice here
(we shifted some 200k mails through without a problem, and we use
exiscan too) and more important it helped to reduced the load on our
LDAP-Servers significantly!
We also tried it on a small postgresql based setup over the weekend -
works fine there too.

thanks Nico!

Stefan