Re: [Exim] lmtp transport: verifying address (LMTP callout)

Autor: Tor Slettnes
A: Andrzej Filip
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] lmtp transport: verifying address (LMTP callout)
On Apr 27, 2004, at 16:18, Andrzej Filip wrote:

> Tor Slettnes wrote:
>> It is a bit hackish.  If you prefer, you ought to be able to use the
>> "mbpath" command provided with Cyrus, in a manner similar to:
>>     condition     = ${run {/usr/sbin/mbpath -q -s
>> user.${lc::$local_part}}{1}{0}}

>> This introduces a process overhead for each local delivery. Also
>> ensure that the Exim user indeed can run 'mbpath'.
>
> I think that adding exim to cyrus group is going to fix it.
>
> Would it be safe ?

It ought to be. However, now that I tried this way, I can't seem to
get this to work -- the condition always fails. (I did verify that the
Exim user can successfully run "/usr/sbin/mbpath ..." from a command
line, though). I'll need to investigate this a little bit more.

(In the mean time, checking for the presence of the hardcoded path
seems to work fine).

-tor