Re: [Exim] lmtp transport: verifying address (LMTP callout)

Autor: Tor Slettnes
A: Andrzej Filip
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] lmtp transport: verifying address (LMTP callout)
On Tue, 2004-04-27 at 16:18, Andrzej Filip wrote:
> Tor Slettnes wrote:

> > If you prefer, you ought to be able to use the
> > "mbpath" command provided with Cyrus, in a manner similar to:
> >     condition     = ${run {/usr/sbin/mbpath -q -s user.${lc::$local_part}}{1}{0}}

> I think that adding exim to cyrus group is going to fix it.
> Would it be safe ?

Yep, as long as you trust Exim. :-)
In any case, the "cyrus" group can only (r)ead/list and e(x)exute/change
into the directory in question, not modify its contents, right?

Anyway, the expression above contains one minor problem; there should be
a single colon (:), not a double one (::). So:

    condition     = ${run {/usr/sbin/mbpath -q -s user.${lc::$local_part}}{1}{0}}

I just changed to this syntax; seems to work fine for me. More elegant
than checking the hardcoded path, albeit a little more expensive with
that extra fork()/exec() per delivery. But hey, compared to RBL checks,
SpamAssassin checks, antivirus checks, etc, this is the least of your
worries.

-tor