Re: [Exim] lmtp transport: verifying address (LMTP callout)

Autor: Andrzej Filip
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] lmtp transport: verifying address (LMTP callout)
Matt Bernstein wrote:
> At 08:11 +0100 Matt Bernstein wrote:
>

>>On Apr 24 Andrzej Filip wrote:
>>

>>>Is it possible to make exim verify recipient addresses delivered via
>>>lmtp (socket) transport ? [LMTP callout]
>>
>>Kind of. Something like (RCPT ACL):
>>

> Oops:
>
>    deny    domains = +local_domains

>>         !verify = recipient/callout=10s,defer_ok
>>         message = local recipient failed to verify

> I forgot the other magic (namely to use manualroute rather than accept):
>
> [routers]
>
> lmtp:
> driver = manualroute
> domains = localimap
> transport = lmtpsock
> route_list = * localhost # but irrelevant if you're using a socket!
> log_as_local

+ "self = accept"

> local_user:
>   driver = redirect
>   domains = +local_domains
>   check_local_user        # if you like
>   data = $local_part@localimap
>   redirect_router = lmtp

> [transports]
>
> lmtpsock:
> driver = lmtp
> socket = /var/lib/imap/socket/lmtp
> batch_max = 1000
> user = cyrus

Inspection of verify.c makes me think that exim 4.30 does callouts only
over IPV4 and IPV6 [ no chance for lmtp(socket) transport ]

I used

lmtp:
driver = smtp
protocol = lmtp
allow_localhost

+ Cyrus requires authentication for "LMTP over IPV4"

--
Andrzej [en:Andrew] Adam Filip anfi@??? anfi@???
http://anfi.homeunix.net/ http://slashdot.org/~anfi