Re: [Exim] Using IMAP protocol to SEND email ??

Autor: Patrick von der Hagen
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Using IMAP protocol to SEND email ??
Marc Perkel schrieb:
> Actually - yes - the idea is to be an alternative to SMTP AUTH.

[...]
> Here's the part that might be confusing to you. What I envision is that

That's not what confused me. Your mail startet
"OK - after struggling with the idea of SPF last night and being fairly
unimpressed with it - it got me thinking about solutions to the problem
of who relays for whom."
If you start with "I've been thinking about SPF and look what I found"
than there will be more people than me being confused wheter you are
talking about server-to-server-communication or
client-to-server-communication which both can are different sorts of
"relaying".

I agree that blocking of port 25 can be a problem, but there is always
one server which I can use to send email. Sadly it is not the one I
configured. That's just the moment when I consider wheter configuring
SMTP with DHCP or wheter ACAP (http://asg.web.cmu.edu/acap/) might have
been interesting after all.

--
CU,