[Exim] Can I shut off "AUTH=" when forwarding to smarthosts?

Autor: Chad Walstrom
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [Exim] Can I shut off "AUTH=" when forwarding to smarthosts?
--
Version: Exim 4.32-2
System: Debian testing/unstable

I have a persnickity smarthost that doesn't understand the "AUTH="
option to the MAIL command, yet requires smtp authentication.

I have tried setting authenticated_sender for the "remote_smtp"
transport to "<>", but it STILL includes the "AUTH=" line. I need this
to go away (in a configurable manner, of course).

Any suggestions? Should I be filing a bug report with exim? (I already
reported the problem to the smarthost maintainers.)

--
Chad Walstrom <chewie@???>           http://www.wookimus.net/