Re: [Exim] Feature Request - SOA email address

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Drav Sloan
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Marc Perkel
Υ/ο: Russell King, exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Feature Request - SOA email address
Marc Perkel wrote:
> They might - for example - alert their customer that they have a virus.

This kind of idiotic behaviour with 'auto generated virus reports'
is (in my books) nearly as heinous as the virus/spam sent in the
first place. I get (and this is no exaggeration) tens of thousands
of misdirected 'virus reports' a day. If you get a virus, DELETE
IT, 5xx the connection and leave it at that.

Sending mails to SOA contact addresses, not only ignores the reason
that address is put in the SOA, it blatently is going to create the
same amount of 'rubbish' that people 'auto forward' to accounts
like postmaster and abuse.

As an example for the ISP I work for we get 20,000+ emails a day
to postmaster, of which noramlly 100 or so are legitmate. This kind
of 'auto notification' not only steps out side the bounds of RFC,
it creates tonnes of latteral damage. Remember only a human can
_REALLY_ be certain of where to send the report (if any) of the
virus, by _manually_ checking the emails headers and using various
tools to working out who to contact.

Regards

D.