From: exim-users-admin@??? [mailto:exim-users-admin@exim.org] On Behalf
Of Mark McRitchie
Sent: Wednesday, 21 April 2004 9:00 p.m.
To: 'Tristram Cheer'
Cc: 'exim-users@???'
Subject: RE: [Exim] Locking Exim4 Down

Hi there,
> If anyone could lend me a hand in blocking nono-auth
> connections to send mail that would be great

Can you not just trim down the stock acl_check_rcpt?

Something like:

acl_check_rcpt:
# Accept if the source is local SMTP (i.e. not over TCP/IP). We do this by
# testing for an empty sending host field.
accept hosts = :

# Accept if the message arrived over an authenticated connection, from
# any host. Again, these messages are usually from MUAs, so recipient
# verification is omitted.
accept authenticated = *

  # Reaching the end of the ACL causes a "deny", but we might as well give
  # an explicit message.
  deny    message = Relay not permitted

HTH,
Mark.

--
This e-mail message may contain confidential or privileged information.
Recipients are requested to preserve this confidentiality and to advise

Any views/opinions expressed in this email are that of the author and
may not reflect the views of Salamis Group - www.salamisgroup.com