Re: [Exim] @mx_any and 127.0.0.1

Author: Brian
To: Philip Hazel, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] @mx_any and 127.0.0.1
Philip Hazel wrote:

> And finally, to satisfy my curiosity: what on earth do you suppose the
> above set of records is supposed to achieve?
>
> Philip

Hello,

Not that I am the owner of this domain but I do a similar thing for a
domain that has been dead for almost 8 years and gets *nothing* but
spam. mhv.net.

I am currently testing out exim and it's filtering functionality on this
domain but I usually set the MX entry of that domain to 127.0.0.1, as
well as all other requests.

host anything.mhv.net
anything.mhv.net has address 127.0.0.1

But I do not understand why they would have multiple MX entries.

Here is a another example of a (possible) good idea gone bad..

host -t mx prodigy.com
prodigy.com mail is handled (pri=10) by 127.0.0.1.prodigy.com

they are obviously doing the 'bind' thing and have left off the trailing
dot.

for what it's worth..

- Brian