Re: [Exim] @mx_any and 127.0.0.1

Author: Richard Welty
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] @mx_any and 127.0.0.1
On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 13:51:07 +0100 (BST) Philip Hazel <ph10@???> wrote:
> And finally, to satisfy my curiosity: what on earth do you suppose the
> above set of records is supposed to achieve?

i'll speculate, with some foundation in my knowledge of the current
state of the art in ratware.

someone noticed that there is ratware that deliberately goes after
higher numbered MX hosts in the hopes of sneaking around
spam blocks on the lowest numbered MX host.

a better solution would have been to point the "666" MX record at
an IP where there was nothing listening on port 25. unfortunately,
they didn't do that.

richard
--
Richard Welty                                         rwelty@???