Re: [Exim] @mx_any and 127.0.0.1

Author: Dean Brooks
To: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] @mx_any and 127.0.0.1
On Thu, Apr 15, 2004 at 01:51:07PM +0100, Philip Hazel wrote:

> Does the list think that the default for @mx_any matching should be
> changed to ignore 127.0.0.0/8 and 0.0.0.0 as is the case for the
> dnslookup router in the default configuration? (It's a very simple
> patch.) Does there need to be an option?

Instead of hardcoding this information into the @mx_any logic,
perhaps a global option of "ignore_target_hosts" (or similarly named)
could be set. The global option could default, if not specified,
to the 127.0.0.0/8 and 0.0.0.0 values.

@mx_any could use this value, and in the event that ignore_target_hosts
isn't explicitly set on a router, it could inheret the global value.
This would also be nice, since then I wouldn't have to put
ignore_target_hosts on every one of my remote routers.

Only thing that I dont know is whether some people *want* their
routers to honor loopback interfaces in MX records, so inhereting this
default global could be a problem...

--
Dean Brooks
dean@???