Re: [Exim] Incoming Message Size

Author: Benjamin Ritcey
To: Alex Flores
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Incoming Message Size
On Wed, 2004-04-14 at 16:33, Alex Flores wrote:
> Sorry. I am using my own servers.
>
> Here is the actual error (in blue):

> <aflores@???>
>     (reason: 552 Requested mail action aborted: exceeded storage
> allocation)

> ... while talking to incoming1.fijiescapes.com.:

> <<< 552 Requested mail action aborted: exceeded storage allocation
> 554 5.0.0 <aflores@???>... Service unavailable
> Reporting-MTA: dns; franklin.concentric.net
> Received-From-MTA: dns; w250.z064003083.lax-ca.dsl.cnc.net
> Arrival-Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 10:11:43 -0400 (EDT)
>

> Final-Recipient: rfc822; aflores@???
> Action: failed
> Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 07:11:39 -0700
> To: aflores@???
> From: Alex Flores <aflores@???>
> Subject: Large Test

After re-reading this, I think I may have jumped the gun; more
knowledgeable folks can correct me, but I don't think this is an Exim
message -- at least, I don't see 'exceeded storage allocation' anywhere
in the Exim 4.31 source code (though I realize that's easily changed).

Are you sure that incoming1.fijiescapes.com is an Exim server?
Regardless, it looks like that machine has ~ 3MB limit:

> swaks -f '<>' --timeout=300 -t aflores@??? -q rcpt

=== Trying INCOMING1.fijiescapes.com:25...
=== Connected to INCOMING1.fijiescapes.com.
<- 220 SMTP service ready
-> EHLO localhost
<- 250-Requested mail action okay, completed
<- 250-SIZE 3072000
<- 250-AUTH LOGIN
<- 250 HELP
-> MAIL FROM:<>
<- 250 Requested mail action okay, completed
-> RCPT TO:<aflores@???>
<- 250 Requested mail action okay, completed
-> QUIT
<- 221 SMTP server closing transmission channel

HTH,

-b

P.S.,

I thought you were supposed to advertise ESMTP in the connect banner if
you spoke ESMTP? - incoming1.fijiescapes.com doesn't.