Re: [Exim] sa-exim failing

Author: Andreas Steinmetz
To: Dan Egli
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] sa-exim failing
Dan Egli wrote:
> complaining of an undefined_symbol log_write.

log_write is a symbol defined in exim. Very strange.

titanic:/usr/src/exim-4.31 # nm ./build-Linux-i386/exim | grep log_write
08099350 T log_write
080dade3 T xs_log_write

> log_write had to be there because it compiled just fine. I commented out

Nope. A shared library doesn't need to have all of its symbols resolved
at link time depending on the linker options.

From my sa-exim Makefile (yes, sa-exim is working for me):

LDFLAGS=-shared
SACONF=/etc/exim/sa-exim.conf
SPAMC=/usr/bin/spamc

# I place the directory in exim/debian/local_scan. Adjust the path as needed
# Actually, we will also look for the versions supplied with this source
# if we can't find the exim source
EXIM_SRC= /usr/src/exim-4.30
EXIM_SRC_LOCAL = ./eximinc

--