Re: [Exim] Err Msg: temporarily rejected after DATA

Author: Bruce Richardson
To: Exim Users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Err Msg: temporarily rejected after DATA
On Mon, Apr 05, 2004 at 12:46:14PM -0500, Marty Westra wrote:
> I've recently installed Exim 4.30 on a Debian 3.0 system using their
> exim4-daemon-heavy package.
>
> It has been working quite well, but I've got 1 domain that I can't
> receive mail from. The following message is pulled from the rejectlog:
>
> -----------------
> 2004-04-05 12:22:12 1BAXn6-0004DE-K8 H=mail.cec-up.com
> (notes.CalumetElectronics.cec) [63.85.114.129] F=<ekraai@???>
> temporarily rejected after DATA
>
> As you can see, the error message is quite descriptive. :) Can anyone
> tell me what can cause an error message like that?

Something in your acl_smtp_data acl, most likely. What is in that acl?
A temporary error usually indicates either a configuration error or some
kind of verification failure.

--
Bruce

I must admit that the existence of Disneyland (which I know is real)
proves that we are not living in Judea in AD 50. -- Philip K. Dick