Re: [Exim] Exim as a central hub.

Author: Bruce Richardson
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exim as a central hub.
On Mon, Apr 05, 2004 at 10:24:55AM -0700, Derrick wrote:
> I'm needing to install exim in a way I've not done before, and I am
> looking for some info to help. I am getting this whole system switched
> over to exim, need to start at the central server for now.
>
>     INTERNET
>     external mail server
>       EXIM
>     internal mail server

> I am not sure how I would tell exim to route the messages. Can someone
> point out what I need to look at?

Routing issues, really. You need to establish the rules for what kind
of mail is coming in and where it can go. If the Exim server never
sends mail directly to the net then you're talking about one or more
manualroute routers, most likely.

Start by trying to find the simplest set of categories that
adequately defines the incoming mail. Then make a list of the rules
and sequence of events that should be applied to each category. Once
you have that, ACLs and router sequences tend to write themselves.

--
Bruce

It is impolite to tell a man who is carrying you on his shoulders that
his head smells.