Re: [Exim] exiscan: SA can't check Received: header - Fix

Author: Tom Kistner
To: Nigel Metheringham
CC: 'exim-users@exim.org', ph10
Subject: Re: [Exim] exiscan: SA can't check Received: header - Fix
Nigel Metheringham wrote:

> received line passed to the scanners will be slightly different to the
> final one... but not enough to make much difference I would think.

Only the timestamp will differ. I actually ripped a few lines from the
header generation in receive.c. I did not change exims default
behaviour. The only change is in the mbox-style spool file used
exclusively by exiscan.

regards,

/tom

NB: Philip, I did not receive your message:

0.9 FROM_ENDS_IN_NUMS      From: ends in numbers

'ph10' ... sigh

1.1 MAILTO_TO_SPAM_ADDR    URI: Includes a link to a likely spammer email

I wonder what that was?

3.0 SUSPICIOUS_RECIPS      Similar addresses in recipient list

"'exim-users@???'" <exim-users@???>,
"exiscanusers@???" <exiscanusers@???>

Final score was 4.9 :( Some of the SA checks are beginning to look silly.