Re: [Exim] local delivery troubles

Author: Michael Johnson
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] local delivery troubles
On Apr 3, 2004, at 3:03 PM, Peter Bowyer wrote:

> Michael Johnson <kaiser@???> wrote:
>> I don't think I worded this well. I should have said that I tried to
>> send a message to my sick server from a completely different server,
>> thousands of miles away, which was running Netscape, not exim. That
>> message should have made it through.
>
> Can you see a delivery attempt in the Exim log? What does it say?

Strangely enough, I'm getting deliveries now from that remote Netscape
server. However, I haven't seen anything in the logs about the first
message I sent.

>> deliver and the remote is holding it in queue?
>
> Who can say? Need to go through the logs. If it hasn't made it to the
> exim
> server at all, I'd be checking the logs on the remote server, and
> looking
> into possible DNS or firewall issues which might be getting in the way.

It appears to be working for the most part now. The one message still
is not there, but it wasn't really important anyway. I'm getting mail
on that box as I should, including newer messages from that same
Netscape server.

Now to scour the archives about a mailman problem...

R=mailman_router T=mailman_transport: Child process of
mailman_transport transport returned 2 from command:
/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman

-Michael

Computers are incredibly fast, accurate, and stupid. Human beings are
incredibly slow, inaccurate, and brilliant. Together they are powerful
beyond imagination.

                    --Albert Einstein