Re: [Exim] OT: Need some feed back on Exchange as an SMTP se…

Author: David Woodhouse
To: Kevin M. Barrett
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] OT: Need some feed back on Exchange as an SMTP server
On Thu, 2004-04-01 at 21:23 -0500, Kevin M. Barrett wrote:
>          Are there any technical, standards based arguments why one should
> not use exchange?    Does it misapply or  just plain break the
> standards?  I need to know that my "personal feelings" are not what is
> making the judgment.

It violates a 'SHOULD' in RFC2822 §3.6.4 by neglecting to include

This can cause certain outgoing mail from Exchange users to be classed
as spam by the recipient; not necessarily something which will be
considered helpful behaviour by a business user trying to communicate
with a potential customer.

--
dwmw2