Re: [Exim] Fixing SPF Forward Problem by Reply-to: Hack?

Author: Fred Viles
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Fixing SPF Forward Problem by Reply-to: Hack?
On 22 Mar 2004 at 10:35, Giuliano Gavazzi wrote about
    "Re: [Exim] Fixing SPF Forward Probl":

| Besides, speaking of forwarding problems, I've seen forwarders use an
| empty envelope sender,

That would be a really broken forwarder.

| how do your other methods cope with that?

An empty envelope sender is valid only for notifications. I agree
with David, blocking invalid notifications is not only legitimate,
but safe and useful.

As a (fairly meaningless) data point, I've been quarrantining all
null sender messages that don't pass a simple test for legitimate
bounces for about six weeks now. The only legitimate messages it has
caught bounces that did not include the bounced message's headers.
The rest are all spam and BVAs.

This is on a small business server (~25 users, international customer
base).

- Fred