Re: [Exim] Fixing SPF Forward Problem by Reply-to: Hack?

Author: Giuliano Gavazzi
To: David Woodhouse, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Fixing SPF Forward Problem by Reply-to: Hack?
At 8:56 am +0000 2004/03/22, David Woodhouse wrote:
[....]
>Blocking bounces to certain addresses which never send mail makes sense
>-- but not to addresses which do send mail. However, it's trivial to
>arrange that your 'real' address never sends mail, so you don't have to
>accept bounces to it.

[...]

As I've already said, this envelope sender munging is more broken than SPF.

Besides, speaking of forwarding problems, I've seen forwarders use an
empty envelope sender, how do your other methods cope with that?

I do publish SPF TXT RRs (hardly ever consulted in the two months
they've been in place..), but do not use it myself. I admit, I use
?all.

Giuliano