Re: [Exim] Fixing SPF Forward Problem by Reply-to: Hack?

Author: David Woodhouse
To: Fred Viles
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Fixing SPF Forward Problem by Reply-to: Hack?
On Mon, 2004-03-22 at 09:08 -0800, Fred Viles wrote:
> This is out of context, but as I understand it the whole point of
> David's system is that it *does* check the validity of empty envelope
> senders.

Indeed. Well, sort of -- it checks the validity of messages with empty
envelope-sender, by checking that the _destination_ address is a valid,
timestamped and crypto-hashed address which has actually sent mail in
the last few days.

If you can harvest one of those addresses then you can use it for a few
days to send me bounces, or to send mail to people who do sender
verification callouts.

--
dwmw2