Re: [Exim] Fixing SPF Forward Problem by Reply-to: Hack?

Author: Tor Slettnes
To: Ted Cooper
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Fixing SPF Forward Problem by Reply-to: Hack?
On Mar 20, 2004, at 21:48, Ted Cooper wrote:

> Wasn't there another option that was similar to SPF but infinitely
> better? I can remember it being mentioned on the list but I can't find
> it (something about not knowing what I'm looking for). It also used DNS
> entries but had a much more simplistic setup and solved the forwarding
> problem.

Several:
- RMX - "Reverse MX records". Essentially, DNS records for your
domain with values corresponding to the hosts that were certified
sending hosts for that domain:

       yourdomain. IN RMX host:youroutgoingsmtphost.yourdomain.
       yourdomain. IN RMX ipv4:10.0.0.0/8

- "MAIL-FROM" MX records, essentially the same idea:

       MAIL-FROM   IN  MX  0   youroutgoingmailhost.yourdomain.

The nice thing about standards is that there are so many to choose from.

-tor