Re: [Exim] Howto hide the server domain in the HELO dialog?

Author: Edgar Lovecraft
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Howto hide the server domain in the HELO dialog?
Danny Bendersky wrote:
> On 01-03-2004, at 22:22, Edgar Lovecraft wrote:
>
> > Danny Bendersky wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi, I need to hide the domain in my HELO dialog, any one knows how I
> >> can
> >> do it?

..[snip]...

--
The approach to take will all depend on which part of the HELO/EHLO stage
that your customer is refering to.

YOUR SERVER ACCEPTING EMAIL:
If I connect to your server to send an email to his client, then there is
no way for you to know that I am sending to his client at the HELO stage
(unless multiple IP's and or servers are involed on your side).

YOUR SERVER SENDING EMAIL:
If when you deliver email from your clients client, then you could possibly
set the HELO name that your server gives out during the delivery.

Did I seperate the two issues well enough enough, or do I need to explain
this another way?
--EAL--