Re: [Exim] Howto hide the server domain in the HELO dialog?

Author: Danny Bendersky
To: Edgar Lovecraft
CC: Exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Howto hide the server domain in the HELO dialog?
Hi, I need to do this because one customer that serve lot of domains
want to see his domains at the helo level and not my domains.

If it is a little confuse, I run an ISP and some customers don't want
that my brand will apear any where.

On 01-03-2004, at 22:22, Edgar Lovecraft wrote:

> Danny Bendersky wrote:
>>
>> Hi, I need to hide the domain in my HELO dialog, any one knows how I
>> can
>> do it?
>>
> --
> Not that I really suggest doing so, but without modifying and patching
> the
> code, you would need to set this line in the main part of the exim.conf
> file.
>
>     #Define the advertised host name (leave blank to use uname())
> primary_hostname                 = ' '

> And you would also need to set this line in any SMTP Transport section
> so
> that your server still HELO's with a hostname.
>
>     #Define the HELO/EHLO string (expanded)
> helo_data                        = whatever.fqdn.domain

> There could (and probably are) other ramifications to setting the
> 'primary_hostname' to a blank or null value, thus I do not suggest it.
> Why do you NEED to hide this?
>
> --EAL--
>

> --

Saludos....

Daniel Bendersky.

Daniel Bendersky              Director de Operaciones y Tecnología
dbenders@???                          http://www.netline.cl
NETLINE                                Av. Vitacura # 2939 of. 202
Oficina   : +56 2 751 2600            Las Condes, Santiago - CHILE
Celular   : +56 9 998 9122               Fax2mail : +56 2 751 2651
Voice2mail: +56 2 751 2618
            "Success is a journey, not a destination"