Re: [Exim] Howto hide the server domain in the HELO dialog?

Author: Edgar Lovecraft
To: Exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Howto hide the server domain in the HELO dialog?

--
Not that I really suggest doing so, but without modifying and patching the
code, you would need to set this line in the main part of the exim.conf

    #Define the advertised host name (leave blank to use uname())
primary_hostname                 = ' '

And you would also need to set this line in any SMTP Transport section so
that your server still HELO's with a hostname.

    #Define the HELO/EHLO string (expanded)
helo_data                        = whatever.fqdn.domain

There could (and probably are) other ramifications to setting the
'primary_hostname' to a blank or null value, thus I do not suggest it.
Why do you NEED to hide this?

--EAL--