RE: [Exim] Re: Exiscan and Clam AntiVirus

Author: Dickenson, Steven
To: 'Tom Kistner'
CC: 'exim-users@exim.org'
Subject: RE: [Exim] Re: Exiscan and Clam AntiVirus
Tom Kistner <mailto:tom@duncanthrax.net> wrote:
> For further clarification: An AV scanner's mail unpacking logic must
> emulate the very liberal behaviour of MS mail clients to be effective.
> This is very hard. As an alternative, you can reject non-RFC
> compatible mailpacks, which I tried to make possible with the MIME
> error checks. But there is no RFC for either UUENCODE or TNEF.

I'm still unclear on this. If we're not using the new MIME ACL's, is
Scanmail safe to turn off? Your last post seemed to indicate that the
demime facility does unpack UUENCODED and TNEF attachments, but that the new
MIME ACL does not. Is this correct?

Either way, I'm not comfortable keeping it turned off, and will take a good
look at daemontools.

Steven
---
Steven Dickenson <sdickenson@???>