Re: [Exim] Weird Relaying Error on Failed Delivery

Author: Tabor J. Wells
To: Aaron Dalton
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Weird Relaying Error on Failed Delivery
On Sun, Feb 29, 2004 at 08:45:56AM -0700,
Aaron Dalton <aaron@???> is thought to have said:

> 2004-02-26 10:22:07 1AwPD5-0008dF-Iq ** acdalton@???
> R=send_to_smart_host T=remote_smtp: SMTP error from remote mailer after
> RCPT TO:<acdalton@???>: host smart.host.net [###.###.###.###]: 550
> relaying mail to xxx.ca is not allowed
> 2004-02-26 10:22:07 1AwPD5-0008dF-Iq Frozen (delivery error message)

On smart.host.net in your RCPT ACL you should probably have a statement that
looks like:

accept hosts = +relay_hosts

You need to make sure the system that generated the above log snippet has
its IP listed in the relay_hosts hostlist.

> But if I manually send a message to acdalton@??? via my exim daemon,
> then it goes through without a hitch. Is there a way to dump the
> actual commands Exim is sending when returning the failure message?
> I'm just wondering at what point exactly the error is occurring.

SMTP error from remote mailer after RCPT TO:<acdalton@???>

you should have a corresponding log entry in smart.host.net's rejectlog
showing the error.

Tabor J. Wells                                     twells@???
Fsck It!                 Just another victim of the ambient morality