[Exim] Weird Relaying Error on Failed Delivery

Author: Aaron Dalton
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Weird Relaying Error on Failed Delivery
I am running Exim 4.30 on two different machines, one Mandrake Linux and
the other FreeBSD 4.8. Both are configured almost identcally, with
different smart_hosts each because they're on different networks. Both
configurations work normally since I use these servers to send the bulk
of my mail with no problems. However, something has come up. On my
Linux box I've been running a perl script to process certain mailed-in
commands. If the script "dies," Exim faithfully returns the results of
the failure to the originating user. I recently migrated that same
script to my FreeBSD box. Now if that perl script dies, the failure
message gets frozen. Below is the error I'm getting:

2004-02-26 10:22:07 1AwPD5-0008dF-Iq ** acdalton@???
R=send_to_smart_host T=remote_smtp: SMTP error from remote mailer after
RCPT TO:<acdalton@???>: host smart.host.net [###.###.###.###]: 550
relaying mail to xxx.ca is not allowed
2004-02-26 10:22:07 1AwPD5-0008dF-Iq Frozen (delivery error message)

But if I manually send a message to acdalton@??? via my exim daemon,
then it goes through without a hitch. Is there a way to dump the
actual commands Exim is sending when returning the failure message?
I'm just wondering at what point exactly the error is occurring. Has
anybody else seen this before?

Thanks you so much for your time.

--
Aaron Dalton