Re: [Exim] Weird Relaying Error on Failed Delivery

Author: Aaron Dalton
To: Tabor J. Wells
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Weird Relaying Error on Failed Delivery
On February 29, 2004 05:51 pm, Tabor J. Wells wrote:

> On smart.host.net in your RCPT ACL you should probably have a
> statement that looks like:
>
> accept hosts = +relay_hosts
>
> You need to make sure the system that generated the above log snippet
> has its IP listed in the relay_hosts hostlist.
>
> SMTP error from remote mailer after RCPT TO:<acdalton@???>
>
> you should have a corresponding log entry in smart.host.net's
> rejectlog showing the error.

Thank you so much for your reply, Tabor. Unfortunately, the smart host
is my ISP's SMTP server, so I have no control over it whatsoever. The
weird thing is that I can telnet to the smart host and send messages to
these same addresses just fine. The only time I get this relaying
error is when a piped delivery fails.

--
Aaron Dalton
http://aaron.daltons.ca