[Exim] ACL config to reject mail from non standard DNS maile…

Author: mark david mcCreary
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] ACL config to reject mail from non standard DNS mailers
I am trying to use Exim 4.30 ACL configuration to reject email that does
not conform to Internet DNS standards, on the theory that a lot of spam
is sent from zombie machines.

For instance,

  drop    ! verify = helo
          message = $sender_helo_name does not match name from reverse
lookup of $sender_host_address - $sender_host_name
          delay   = 59s

seems like a marvelous idea, until I saw

2004-02-27 14:11:24 H=(hotmail.com) [64.4.11.15]