RE: [Exim] exiscan report and virusscan problems

Author: SH Solutions
To: exim-users
Subject: RE: [Exim] exiscan report and virusscan problems
Hi

First, thank you very much, for that lots of answers and for being that
fast.

I've changed things:

exim4.conf
  warn    message        = X-Scan-Mime-Error: ${if

>{$demime_errorlevel}{0}{$demime_reason}{No error found}}

          demime         = *
  warn    message        = X-Scan-Virus-Found: $malware_name
          malware        = *
  warn    message        = X-Scan-Virus-Found: No virus found
          !malware       = *
  warn    message        = X-Spam-Report: $spam_report
          spam           = nobody:true

local.cf
clear_report_template
report _HITS_ points, _REQD_ required
report _REPORT_

> 1. The Spam-Report looks quite large:

Solved. Thanks a lot.
(No, i didn't know this file, but locate did. :-D )

> 2. X-Scan-Virus-Found-Headers are omitted if no virus is found...

Solved. Thanks agail.
"Untested." but works great.

> 1. spamd is accessed through TCP/IP. I would like to change this to
> unix sockets as with clamd. Is this possible?
> There are inofficial ptches around but official exiscan-acl release does

not support this yet.
Okay, but since I am running on debian and it works also fine with tcp, I
have not that much reason to change to something compiled by myself.
(Note, that I would compile myself if neccessary, but not for something that
estetical.)

What is missing:

> 2. I would like to do those scanning processes as part of the delivery
> process, since i anyway will NOT reject mail, but drop them. For me it

would
> be easier to do this afterwards because I could do that depending on the
> receipient [let users have filter/not filter settings] and it would not
> delay message reception.

I already got that hint:
http://dman13.dyndns.org/~dman/config_docs/exim-spamassassin/node12.html
Which is good to know, and I am still learning alot about exim, but I would
prefer not to start exim twice or let spamassassin modify the mail
especially since I loose a lot of information such as origin IP,
authentication information and such.
I really like the way spam= works in the acl, will these eventually be
available in routers?

Thanks,
Steffen