RE: [Exim] exiscan report and virusscan problems

Author: Chris Edwards
To: SH Solutions
CC: exim-users
Subject: RE: [Exim] exiscan report and virusscan problems
| > 2. I would like to do those scanning processes as part of the delivery
| > process, since i anyway will NOT reject mail, but drop them. For me it
| would
| > be easier to do this afterwards because I could do that depending on the
| > receipient [let users have filter/not filter settings] and it would not
| > delay message reception.

If you want to scan after message reception, then you may be better using
something like MailScanner instead.

The main reason for the exiscan "spam" and "malware" ACL conditions is to
reject unwanted mail during the SMTP dialog, which has strong advantages
over any other actions that can be taken.

Note - you can provide a certain degree of per user settings and still
reject during the SMTP dialog - see the list archives.

Here we give users some choice in spam preferences, but the virus
filtering is mandatory due to the security implications.

--
Chris Edwards, Glasgow University Computing Service