Re: [Exim] Maildirsize files: opinions sought

Author: Dennis Skinner
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Maildirsize files: opinions sought
On Thu, 2004-02-12 at 11:38, Philip Hazel wrote:

> 1. It specifies that, when adding up the sizes of files to compute the
> size of a mailbox, only the contents of the "new" and "cur" directories
> should be counted, and *not* the "tmp" directory.

That is correct. Normally, the user has no access to the tmp dir (which
under normal circumstances should be empty anyway), so it probably
should not count the tmp dir.

> 2. It also specifies that the contents of a maildirfolder called "Trash"
> should not be counted.

I think there should at least be the option of whether to count it or
not. I like Nigel's suggestion of being able to specify which dirs are
not counted. We filter spam into a folder call "junkmail" which we
would like ignored as well. Both Trash and junkmail are deleted on a
regular basis by the system, so it is not an issue.

Thanks!

--
Dennis Skinner
Systems Administrator