Re: [Exim] ClamAV and Exim4

Author: Dominik Ruf
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] ClamAV and Exim4
* Jim Archer <jim@???> [2004-02-03 23:35]:
> Thanks to everyone who replied, but this document requires Exiscan. The
> Debian Exiscan package wants to install maildrop, which I am trying to
> avoid.

You don't need the package exiscan. That is a very ancient version
of exiscan against exim3. If you use the exim4 packages or the
backported versions from Andreas Metzler, the exiscan-acl patch
is already included.

I have this comination (exim4-daemon-heavy backport + clamav
backport from backports.org) running myself. All I had to do
was adding the av_scanner line mentioned in the exiscan-acl
manual/examples to my exim.conf. :-)

Dominik