Re: [Exim] Temporary defer on callouts

Author: Fred Viles
To: Exim users list
Subject: Re: [Exim] Temporary defer on callouts
On 31 Jan 2004 at 12:31, Alan J. Flavell wrote about
    "Re: [Exim] Temporary defer on callo":

| beware the quick-fix! Those BVAs are a pain in the neck, but there
| has to be a better way to deal with them. Any chance of a DNSRBL
| listing the senders of BVAs, I wonder?

If there were, I wouldn't think it would be a good idea to use it for
blocking. ISTM that there is a much higher than random chance that
the BVA sender is a host from which you normally want to accept mail.

Given the way these worms operate, addresses in the BVA sender domain
and your domain were found on a common (infected) machine. Some
small but significant percentage of the time, that connection is
going to mean that you correspond with the BVA sender as well.

- Fred