Re: [Exim] Temporary defer on callouts

Author: Edgar Lovecraft
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Temporary defer on callouts
> Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 15:20:27 +0000
> From:        David Woodhouse <dwmw2@???>
> To:        Ian A B Eiloart <iane@???>
> CC:        Exim users list <exim-users@???>
> Subject:    Re: [Exim] Temporary defer on callouts

> On Sat, 2004-01-31 at 13:09 +0000, Ian A B Eiloart wrote:
> > I'm not sure whether the RFC permits this, though. As I understand it,
> you > must accept mail to postmaster, and to any known mailbox (but can
> reject > mail addressed to a non-existant mailbox).

Just to clarify:
This is completely different than 'blackholing' or just plain not
delivering mail from a null user at a later time.
These are two seperate issues and callout from exim will fail this test
to att.com mail servers.

    220 att.com - Maillennium ESMTP/MULTIBOX kcmsi #175
    helo domain.com
    250 att.com
    mail from: <>
    552 null MAIL FROM not permitted

And for those who have not figured it out yet, this does mean that you
can not send 'reject/bounce' messages to att.com users, so they never know
if there is a delivery problem after it leaves the att network.

--

--EAL--