Re: [Exim] exim 4 port for OpenBSD

Author: Richard Welty
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] exim 4 port for OpenBSD
On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 18:44:37 +0100 Andreas Metzler <eximusers@???> wrote:
> One regular poster here (I think it is Sheldon Hearn) is maintaining
> exim4 in the ports-tree of a different *BSD (FreeBSD?). - I am not
> familiar with the different *BSDs and do not know how big the
> compatibilty issues are, but perhaps you can copy his work with only
> minor modifications.

i was planning to look at his port. it should be similar, but not quite
identical.

>     cu and- If OpenBSD still has exim 3.36 it must be what Debian is
>     for Linux ;-) -reas

i think it's mostly that there haven't been any users of OpenBSD and
exim 4 motivated to do a formal port. i've built exim 4 on a few OpenBSD
systems, both for myself and for clients, but i just decided it's time for
a real port.

richard
--
Richard Welty                                         rwelty@???