Re: [Exim] MyDoom filtering?

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: Dennis Davis
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] MyDoom filtering?
Looking at the exim.org logs yesterday what was very noticable was the
huge number of attempts being made to push this thing into us - I am
reasonably sure these are down to this worm, although since these were
being rejected at SMTP RCPT time due to failure of sender/recipient
verification its hard to be sure.

In all cases you see a connection from a host/port combination, the
rejected FROM/RCPT set, and then immediately a connection from
host/port+1 using the same sender/recipient combination (again
rejected).

There were a huge number of this pattern rejections yesterday.

    Nigel.