Re: [Exim] MyDoom filtering?

Author: Rossz Vamos-Wentworth
To: Exim-users
New-Topics: [Exim] rejectgraph.php
Subject: Re: [Exim] MyDoom filtering?
Mark Seamans wrote:
> Maybe I'm special...but all of the mail servers I have deployed with clamav
> have been rejecting the virus since 17:00 yesterday (27Jan2004) via clamav,
> exim-acl.
> The only thing I did was sip my coffee and chuckle. Sure, there are other
> ways to handle it....but hey, we all have more imortant things to
> do...like ....get another cup of coffe and complie yet another version of
> glibc.

When I recieved the first one yesterday (disguised as a bounce message),
I immediately thought "VIRUS!" and did a manual update of the clamav
database. After verifying the update detected the nasty, I spent a
little time coding a PHP graph to show the daily reject count:

http://vamos-wentworth.org/rejectgraph.php

This is a personal server, so I don't have anywhere near the numbers you
guys have.

--
Rossz