[Exim] Installation questions on FreeBSD

Author: Enoch Chan
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Installation questions on FreeBSD
Hi,

This is my first post. I just installed Exim 4.30 on my FreeBSD box using
the port. When I read the documentation, I found that I need to install
Berkeley DB and add user exim PRIOR to make install. Does make install in
FreeBSD automatically create the exim user for me? Can I add it after the
installation? Also, I read somewhere that Berkeley (an older version)
should come with FreeBSD. Is it true that I don't need to install the
latest version to get it to work with Exim? Or can I install it after my
Exim installation? As you can tell, I am a newbie in this field. Please
advise.

Thanks in advance,
Enoch