Re: [Exim] redirect router issue with aliases

Author: David Woodhouse
To: Bruce Cornett
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] redirect router issue with aliases
On Mon, 2004-01-26 at 13:22 -0500, Bruce Cornett wrote:
> I dropped the remove_header back in the works just to see if I had
> overlooked that. Same results and if you note the headers below, you will
> see that the "X-Redirect-To: pex" is still there. This might be a clue as
> to what is happening. And I noticed in the resulting bounce that I did
> not have the other "Redirect" header I had added, so I wondered if perhaps
> something was out of kilter because I used the "Redirect." I added an
> "X-Bruce" header and it does not show (full headers below). Anomalies
> like this cause me to wonder if this router is working at all.

There is strangeness(tm) w.r.t. addition and removal of headers in
routers -- they operate on a _copy_ of the message. It's been discussed
on the list recently, but I wasn't paying attention because I don't care
very much.

How is your 'X-Redirect-To:' header getting there, and how are you
ensuring that you're not turning your machine into an open relay by
honouring the 'X-Redirect-To:' header in any mail I might send you from
the outside?

--
dwmw2