Re: [Exim] redirect router issue with aliases

Author: Bruce Cornett
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] redirect router issue with aliases
David

The X-Redirect gets dropped in by an earlier data ACL as the result of a
call to spamassassin - this was based on the exiscan examples.

I wondered if it might be an issue that the header existed - maybe the
exiscan patch was making some sort of decision based on its existence. So
I removed the ACL and I still get the same behavior.

re: possibility of letting someone relay based on the X-Redirect

In this case, I don't think so. All our existing controls are in
place. You would have to destined for the mailbox of an existing user on
the system before you would get that far or so I believe. And then the
redirect was doing a very straightforward thing - prepending a prefix to
match a spam mailbox for each of our users so the mail would go there
rather than their usual mailbox. So at best you would end up where we were
going to send you anyway. At least that is the intention.

Bruce C